Fatal House Fire - KLFY News 10

Fatal House Fire


At 2:36 this morning, Lafayette Fire Department responded to 99 Ambroise street after receiving a call from the owner concerning a small fire. When firefighters arrived, light smoke was coming from the dwelling.

The owner, Mr. Ervin McZeal, informed firefighters that his wife was in the dwelling. Fire officials entered the dwelling and found the deceased, Geneive McZeal (77), in her bedroom. Ms. Geneive McZeal died from the injuries sustained from the fire.

 The dwelling sustained minor smoke and fire damages.

Fire investigators determined that the fire likely started when the fire victim was lighting a cigarette or smoking. She wore a nasal cannula supplied by an oxygen machine. The flame ignited the oxygen from the cannula causing a flash fire. The cause of the fire was an accident.


Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.