The Saint Martin Parish courthouse officially opened its doors to the public Sunday afternoon breaking a three year hiatus.
The courthouse had been closed since 2009 for interior renovations that were finished just last month. Sunday marked the official beginning of the court calendar and a ribbon cutting ceremony commenced.
The courthouse was built in 1853 and not much has changed since then and that's what citizens wanted.
Much care was taken to preserve the 160 year old facade, but the interior has been upgraded to fit new codes and technological needs.
Much care was taken to preserve the building's rich historic look.
The renovations haven't concluded just yet, a new employee parking lot is underway along with further interior improvements to accommodate file capacity.