Governor Jindal Urges Hunters, Campers to Take Advantage of 2012 2nd Amendment Tax Holiday
BATON ROUGE – Today, Governor Bobby Jindal urged hunters and campers to take advantage of the 2012 Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday that runs Friday, September 7 through Sunday, September 9.
Governor Jindal said, "This sales tax holiday is a great opportunity for hunters and campers to purchase the gear they need for the upcoming season. It's also a great chance to provide our hunting stores with even more business, which will further benefit Louisiana's economy. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this sales tax holiday and get out and enjoy Sportsman's Paradise."
A wide range of supplies is eligible for exemption from all state and local sales taxes. Eligible items include:
• Shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers or other handguns
• Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
• Accessories designed to be used for hunting
• Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear for use while hunting
• Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed for hunting. The exemption does not apply to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors, or motor vehicles which may be legally driven on highways
In 2009, Governor Jindal signed a bill into law authorizing an annual "sales tax holiday" for the purchase of firearms, ammunition and hunting supplies.
Visit revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment for more information including the full list of eligible items and special provisions of this sales tax holiday.
1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.