The most obvious indicators of foundation movement are:
- Diagonal cracks in interior wall finishes at the corners of doors and windows. Cracks may also occur at the intersection of walls and ceilings, and at the intersection of wall surfaces.
- Doors bind or do not open or close properly. The gap between the top doors and the adjacent door frames will not be uniform.
- Windows, cabinet doors and inside doors do not open or close properly
- Floors are not level.
- Cracks in exterior brick.
- Cracks in the concrete perimeter beam (look at the concrete beam below the siding or brick along the perimeter of your home.)
- Separations of wood trim at the exterior corners of your home above bricks.
- Separations of the brick and the adjacent wood surfaces at the sides of garage door.
- Separations of the brick and the adjacent wood surfaces at the sides of the chimney.